🌿 “You don’t have to start from scratch to do something interesting. You don’t have to start from scratch to have a massive impact on the world. You have to have a good idea. You have to convince other people of those good ideas. And you have to push as quickly as possible.”🌿 Jack Dorsey
Have you been to True Food Kitchen? I went for the first time a couple months ago, and now, I am obsessed! The older I get the more I just want to eat naturally. True Food does just this; clean eating from whole natural ingredients. No fake sweeteners, low-fat fillers, or a hundred line item ingredients that I have never heard of. Just simple dishes created by Dr. Weil, the brains behind True Food Kitchen, a practitioner and teacher of integrative medicine.
My favorite item on the menu is their Flourless Chocolate Cake. What can I say? Just because I like to eat clean doesn’t mean I am willing to give up chocolate! So this is my paleo brownie take on their delicious cake. It’s fudgy, fluffy, nutty, and perfectly sweetened. With only 5 ingredients, it’s the perfect treat!
- 6 Oz 60% Chocolate
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Raw Almond Butter
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Eggs, Separated
- 6 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Sugar
- Step 1: Melt together the chocolate, almond butter and coconut oil. This can be done over a double broiler or in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Step 2: Beat 3 eggs yolks and 3 tbsp of coconut sugar for 5 minutes. Then, slowly drizzle in the the “chocolate mix.”
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, beat 3 egg whites with 3 tbsp coconut sugar for 3 minutes (may not turn to stiff peaks). Fold the egg whites into the other bowl.
- Step 4: Spread into a brownie pan and top with nuts (optional). Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.